Quantity Surveying and Building Consultancy Services
PBA is a Quantity Surveying and Building Consultancy company providing a comprehensive and highly experienced approach to a diverse range of client needs virtually across all sectors of the building industry. The following are the main services that we offer to our clients.
Quantity Surveyor in Sydney
At Property & Building Assessments (PBA) – Quantity Surveyor – Sydney, NSW Australia, we have 25+ years of industry experience. In that time, our team has provided QS services to both developers and individual property investors.
We will provide you with council reports for all building types, including – commercial, government, industrial and residential. We serve all of Sydney – both CBD and metropolitan, as well as the regional and country regions of NSW.
PBA is a proud member of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
Why do you need a Quantity Surveyor?
Contributions for local infrastructure, also known as developer contributions, are charged by councils when new development occurs. They are used to provide infrastructure to support development, including open space, parks, community facilities, local roads, footpaths, stormwater drainage and traffic management. So, if you are submitting a Development Application (DA) most NSW councils will require that you submit a Registered Quantity Surveyor's Detailed Cost Report once your project reaches a certain value. In most councils, the minimum is $500,000, though some councils do have a higher threshold.
What’s included in a Detailed Cost Summary Report?
- 1. Review the plans of the subject application for development consent;
- 2. Prepare an elemental estimate in accordance with the Australian Cost Management Manuals from the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors;
- 3. Calculate the development costs in accordance with the definition of development costs in clause 25J of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Regulation at current prices;
- 4. Include GST in the calculation of development costs;
- 5. Measure the Gross Floor Area in accordance with the Method of Measurement of Building Areas in the AIQS Cost Management Manual.
This is where we come in!
At PBA Quantity Surveyors, we prepare your council cost reports in strict adherence with your council’s requirements. We are registered members of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS). That means that we are qualified quantity surveying consultants. We also understand that DA lodgements are often urgent, that is why we provide a service with a two to three day turnaround. Contact us on (02) 9522 6407 or via the form below if you require a Council Cost Summary Report.